Central to osteopathy is the relationship between the structure of your body and its function. Understanding the causes of any change in this relationship is key to developing a suitable treatment approach for you.
Gentle touch and ‘hands-on’ techniques are used to diagnose and treat, so that pain and discomfort might be alleviated. These treatments support your body’s self-healing mechanism and help restore a balance in this relationship between the structure and function.
Osteopathy recognizes the whole body, not only its parts, so aspects of your lifestyle are taken into account to develop an individual treatment plan. This is why modifications to your lifestyle might be recommended to support your recovery, lead to sustainable improvement in your posture and mobility, and, minimize the chance of recurrence. Your treatment will incorporate simple, practical advice, exercises and stretches that are all important incorporate to aid recovery.
Osteopathy is for all of us at different times of our lives, and for a variety of reasons, but especially if you experience:
- work-related problems leading to back and shoulder pain, repetitive strain injury and headaches associated with neck pain
- tension and discomfort in muscles
- joint problems pre and post-surgery we provide treatment and rehabilitation advice
- pain, aching and stiffness in advancing years
- minor injuries related to sports, hobbies, decorating and gardening